Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7 ESV
God has given you an invitation today, an invitation to pray.
- Prayer is not just listing … it is listening.
- Prayer is not begging ... but surrendering.
- Prayer is more than conversation … it's communion.
- In prayer we are not informing God … He is transforming us.
Take a moment to reflect on what some folks have to say about that great privilege of prayer:
- “The meaning of prayer is that we get hold of God -- not of the answers.” Oswald Chambers
- “It is quite useless praying to heaven for earthly comfort. Its not the sort of comfort they supply there.” C.S. Lewis
- “If we pray aright, perhaps it is quite necessary that we pray contrary to our own heart.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "Real courage requires that we leave the problem with God." J.M. Derrrett
- “We lie to God in prayer if we do not rely on Him afterwards.” Robert Leighton
- “Pray and let God worry.” Martin Luther
- "Some people pray just to pray and some people pray to know God." Andrew Murray
God's word to Jeremiah “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.”
(Jeremiah 33:2-3). “I waited patiently for the Lord…and He turned to me and heard my cry.” (Psalm 40:1)
God has extended the invitation. Embrace your opportunity to pray!