“We must never wait until we feel like praying before we pray for others. Prayer is like any other work; we may not feel like working, but once we have been at it for a bit, we begin to feel like working. We may not feel like practicing the piano, but once we play for a while, we feel like doing it. In the same way, our prayer muscles need to be limbered up a bit and once the blood-flow of intercession begins, we will find that we feel like praying.” Richard Foster, Celebration of Discipline
Get the intercession flowing:
- What friend needs your prayer today? (Who does God put on your mind?)
- There are many things for which to give God thanks. Pick two.
- Do you have someone with whom you are at odds? Pray for that person.
- Who are your U.S. Senators? Your Congressman or Congresswoman? Your Mayor? Set aside a few minutes to lift up the President and the upcoming election.
- Need help identifying your leaders? Click here for the Senate. Click here for the Directory of Representatives. Click here for Mayors (cities of 30,000 or more).
- Ask God to help you stay in an attitude of prayer today.