Sometimes it is hard to do just what the doctor ordered. It is Tuesday night, and I'm a bit under the weather. Actually, my nose is starting to run like a leaky faucet and my body is achy. But I am working on a great post, 7 Things You Need To Know About The End Times, and I don't want to wave the white flag and call it a night! Besides, these really are seven things YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Oops, I just coughed, leaving a serious germ deposit on the keyboard. Has anyone seen the Lysol?
At times like these I call to mind the words of Dr. Charlie McCall, a physician friend of mine. Years ago he gave me two very wise pieces of medical advice:
- Listen to your body.
- The time to rest is when you are tired.
Right now my body is telling me to rest and as much as I hate to admit it, I am tired! So, I'm going to take a tablespoon of Dr. Charlie's medicine and call it a night. My eschatology lesson will have to wait for another day. If you, on the other hand, are healthy and clamoring for a little more, I invite you to read one or more of these previous posts that relate to the importance of self-care:
- Does God Care If You Get Enough Sleep? is a refreshing reminder of just how much God does care for you!
- Fatigue Makes Cowards Of Us All is a great line from the legendary Vince Lombardi. In this post I share some insights from David Gergen about the impact of fatigue on President Clinton's first 100 days in office.
- Better Than A Power Nap contains a quote from Martin Lloyd Jones that we would do well to remember.
- Just One Question... is a beautiful picture, a simple question, and a great reminder from God's Word.