Someone said, “You don’t get ulcers from what you eat, but from what’s eating you.” So what has you tied up in knots? Go ahead, pick a worry, any worry: The economy, job security, family safety, health, moral decline, broken relationships, global warming, or the government! Need more choices? How about all the responsibilities you carry? How about all those pesky initials . . . NYSE, AMEX, or NASDAQ? Look around, worry abounds! And it is not just adults who are uneasy these days. Even little kids are becoming worrywarts. Childhood anxiety has been on the rise since 1950. One article I read said today's kids are suffering far more anxiety than any previous generation, leading some to call this "The Age of Anxiety."
To this age of anxiety, God offers an age-old reminder:
"Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make the stumble." (Psalm 119:165 ESV)
God says, “Fall in love with my word and you will experience a well-being in your soul.”
What is the link between loving God’s Word and finding peace? It’s simple really: Scripture introduces us to the God who is the answer to every potential difficulty we face.
- Is money a problem? He owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10).
- Is it insecurity that threatens you? He holds you safely in his hands (John 10:27-31).
- Are you worried about your children? They are never out of his sight (Psalm 139).
- Is fading health your reason to fret? He can heal you or give you the grace to endure (2
- Corinthians 12:7-10).
- Does a polluted planet have you bothered? He is holding it together (Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:10-12).
- Are your relationships on shaky ground? He is solid as a rock (Isaiah 26:3-4).
- Are your responsibilities overwhelming? He has all the power you need (Philippians 4:13).
- Are your investments tanking? He has promised to meet all your needs (Philippians 4:19).
So pick a promise, any promise, and put your worries to rest. God can take care of you!